23A- Your Venture's Unfair Advantage
List of Resources and Evaluation
- Economic Contacts- I have social capital in the way of knowing contacts throughout the economic sector. I have family friends and family members who work for large banks and corporations as accountants, financial advisors, and investment managers. This is not very rare and can be imitated by others, but it is a valuable resource, to say the least.
- Economic Background- Though I am not yet graduated, I have taken a few classes on economics and the market. This is not rare and can be imitated by others, but this is also a valuable resource as I have a background on what the basis of economics looks like.
- Financial Background- I am no expert in finance or accounting, but I have done well in college-level accounting courses and I am able to prepare balance sheets and I understand concepts of amortization and depreciation. This is again valuable, but nor rare and can be imitated by others.
- Good Public Speaker- I consider myself a good public speaker, which sometimes can be rare as many people are not comfortable talking in front of large crowds. It is a valuable resource although it can be imitated by others.
- I am a people person- I love speaking to others and making connections. I aim to please and I am good at making friends. This is somewhat valuable although not rare. I would say this is imitable by others if you are good with people and making a good first impression.
- I am in business school- Business school requires you to take courses aimed towards business life and I am halfway through my degree. I would say this is valuable and resourceful. Once I finish my degree it will help me tremendously with my venture.
- I have worked at an accounting firm- This resource gives me knowledge on taxes and investments. Although I was just an intern, I gained a lot of knowledge in the accounting world and I think this is a rare resource and not super imitable by others. It will help me in future ventures.
- I have worked as a waitress- This skill allows me to be good with people and good under pressure. People skills are not rare as I said before but they are valuable and will help you tremendously when making business connections and transactions.
- I am a leader- I am a leader in a lot of aspects of my life, one being a First-Year Florida Peer Leader, I am able to lead efficiently and effectively. This is valuable and not easily imitable by others. It is rare in some cases.
- I am competitive- Competitiveness gives you an edge above others in the business world. It is rare and valuable and not easily imitable.
The most valuable resource I have to offer is one I will gain in the future, my degree in Business Administration with a specialization in Public Health.