9A- Testing the Hypothesis pt. 2

For my last post on this topic, I chose to follow an unmet need I saw in our society today. I interviewed five people who contained this need and spoke with them concerning their ideas and suggestions about my opportunity. My opportunity is as follows: A mobile app that projects and tracks current trends in the economy. Along with the current predictions and state of our economy, the application would pull up a similar situation in our economy's history and show the user what that time period was like, with major changes and how the economy during that time affected the people and the government.

For this blog post, I interviewed five other people who claimed they did not have this need. I was a little taken back when people were not as interested in my opportunity as I was; however, I did get some good feedback and information which allowed me to expand my understanding of entrepreneurship. I decided to interview my father, as he seems to always be in the know concerning the current state of the economy, an aunt in Alabama, my cousin who attends college out of state, and two coworkers. All five of my interviewees agreed that they did not have this unmet need as they have other ways of possessing information about the current state of the economy. The majority of reasons why people say that they did not possess this need is because they obtain it from sources such as Fox News, CNN, daily newspapers, and business websites and publications. These people demographically were older, with the exception of my cousin still in college. My father is in his late 50s along with my aunt, and both of my coworkers were mid to late 30s. My father did say that the comparison portion of the application was appealing to him; however, the app itself did not seem to be extremely useful other than that one aspect.

Inside The Boundary                                            
  • Millennials, college students, mid-late 20s.
  • The comprehension and understanding of the current state of the economy along with knowing about similar economic time periods in history.
  • Many people do not understand the current state of the economy and cannot easily compare current recessionary and expansionary gaps with those of earlier time periods.

Outside The Boundary


  • Retired persons, Baby Boomers, Generation X-ers, high school students
  • The need is not a lack in knowing the current state and projected states of the economy as these people tend to be more informed on the state of the union, economy, etc.
  • Explanations could be more experienced in the working-age and workforce, lack of technological comprehension, other media outlets, no desire to know about the economy.

Popular Posts