20A- Growing Your Social Capital

All of my contacts came from business connections in the family-
1. Domain expert- One of my father's friends from college is my domain expert, someone who knows a lot about the current economy. This man works in the stock market and is always up to date on the current state of the economy. He explained to me his daily routine and how the current COVID-19 outbreak has really taken a large toll on the stock market as a whole. Even smaller businesses have been affected- more than you would think. This contact asked for future business updates and would like to hear about my endeavors after college as an exchange for speaking to me. Since he is friends with my father, I personally know him and he is genuinely interested in what I choose to do after graduation.
2. Market Expert- My market expert is a local business owner in Walton County. Their business is a clothing boutique for younger women. I have bought various things from this business and they do a great job at targeting their selected market. I actually called the store and asked to speak to the owner and received her email address. We have been emailing back and forth ideas on how to successfully appeal to this selected target market and she has explained to me the complexities which coincide with her marketing and advertising techniques. This contact said that she would like to be informed about my personal ideas when targeting my selected market and what I do that does work and what I do that proves to be unsuccessful.
3. Important Supplier- My supplier is a family friend who works in advertising. This individual sells his advertising and marketing skills and partners with large firms and does their advertising for them. This individual is someone near and dear to me, so I have already heard a lot about his job endeavors and behaviors which set him above competitors. I texted Mr. Jones and asked him to call me. Mr. Jones explained to me that advertising is an intricate process and allows a lot of room for personal connections in order to get the best possible idea of what each company morally stands for and what their goals are for their advertisement- what they want people to perceive of them from a simple advertisement.

All of these people enhance my social capital as they have allowed me to gain knowledge of various aspects of businesses and my target market.

Popular Posts