12A- Figuring Out Buyer Behavior
For my target segment, I have chosen Millenials and Generation Z, as I feel these generations are least informed about the economy on a daily basis, as Generation X and Baby Boomers are more prone to watch cable news networks and read newspapers and publications of a similar nation. I decided to interview a few older peers and some young ones as I wanted somewhat of a range in my conclusions for my interviews. For all of my peers I interviewed, they said their unmet need becomes salient when they enter into a business mindset and when they start brainstorming career plans and graduate school options. What will the economy look like when they graduate? Would it be more beneficial to enter the workforce in 2020-23 or would it be more beneficial to continue their education by chance we enter into a recession in the coming years? When researching the future impacts of the economy, these students tend to rely on the internet, not cable news or news publications. We are so in touch with the internet of things that going to any other outlet to search for this information seems unnatural. When searching for the current and future state of the economy I do the same thing, I go straight to google, this makes me confident that an all-inclusive app would be extremely beneficial and useful to my target demographic. Based on my findings, I have concluded this is an unmet need for this target age range and would prove to be a business opportunity if the means presented themselves.