3A- My Entrepreneurship Story

Entrepreneurship in Students

During my time in middle school, I led student government in 7th and 8th grades. Though I did not realize it at the time, I was a young entrepreneur, finding common problems around my community and addressing these issues amongst my peers. At the beginning of 7th grade, I realized my middle school was not participating in a recycling program, something that bothered me since my family has been adamant about recycling for as long as I can remember. I brought this issue up at a student government meeting to my sponsor and classmates and we decided to start a school-wide recycling initiative. Initially, we spoke with the principal to see if recycling bins could be provided to each classroom, which was successful and on Monday mornings, we would offer volunteer hours to any student who decided to come to school 30 minutes before their first period and collect all recycling bins and bring them to the recycling dumpsters behind the bus loop.

Second, I decided to enroll in ENT3003 in order to meet my business elective requirement; however, out of all the business electives, I felt like this class would be the most beneficial for my career plans. I expect to gain a broader understanding of what it is like to address a market need and create a business from these unmet issues.

Image result for recycling bin"

Popular Posts